Table of Contents
Having a good working printer in the office or at home is imperative in order to accommodate and complete any printing tasks properly. It will save you time, frustration, aggravation and some cost as well.
Furthermore, choosing the right printer may seem an easy task, yet once you start diving into all of the available features, and kind of available printers, you find that making a choice can quickly get overwhelming.
We are here to help.
Some questions you need to figure are:
- Do I need a basic printer, or do I want the printer to have scanning and copying abilities as well?
- Printing Volume and speed
- Do I need to print pictures? Do I need to print labels
- Do I need inkjet printer or Laser?
When shopping for the best printers for your home or office or even for the whole family to use, it is imperative to find the type of printer that will be versatile enough to satisfy all your requirements today and in the future and satisfy everyone’s needs, whether it’s for printing invoices, term papers, or family photos.
The article below describe 8 of the best HP printers on the market, their strengths, weaknesses and their key features so you can make an inform decision
1. HP Office Jet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Color inkjet photo printer
- It has print, copy, scan, and fax capabilities
- medium level printing requirements
- Good for home or the office
- can print via a wired or wireless connection using Wi-Fi or Wireless Direct for printing without an internet connection
- All in one feature therefore users can copy, scans, or fax with this machine along with printing the documents and images.
- Multiple connectivity options.. Printer can either connect To a PC or laptop wirelessly or by using a USB interface
- Due to the integration of Wi-Fi connectivity, this printer also lets the users connect by using their smartphone and offers air printing directly from various cloud platforms.
- has an optional quiet mode to keep noise down to reduce disruptions
- Size of 17.72’ x 14.33’ x 8.54’ inches and weighs only 12.37 pounds. Can be easily lifted and place in small spaces.
- This printer is compatible to use with various types of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS
- This printer comes with the option to enroll in HP’s Instant Ink service or Amazon’s Dash Replenishment so you never run out of ink.
- Backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24/7 web support.
- Work with Alexa
- Printing Speed: 5 ppm for black and 6 ppm for color printing. It is good to meet medium level printing requirements..
- Touchscreen: 2 inches mono touchscreen LCD lets the users monitor the printing process as well as the status of printer cartridge.
- Quiet Mode:This printer comes with a quiet printing mode that users can activate while printing the documents. It is useful to reduce the printing noise level to avoid irritation.
2. HP Tango Smart Wireless Printer
- Stylish color printer with excellent print quality and voice-activated printing. Perfect for Home use
- Produce true-to-life, borderless color photos and high-quality documents
- A smart home printer with all-in-one capabilities through the HP Smart app, and voice-activated printing to fit in with your active lifestyle.
- Print (Scan and copy using your Smartphone Camera and the HP Smart App)
- HP Tango works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home so you can print hands-free using only your voice
- Paper size: A4; Photos up to 8.5″ x 14″; Borderless photos up to 5″ x 7″
- Reliable wireless connectivity and lightning-fast set up with dual-band Wi-Fi®
- Built with sustainability in mind – made up of premium quality plastic material with over 30% recycled plastic.
- Printer dimensions are 8.11” x 14.84” x 3.58” inches and weighs only 6 pounds.
- Print 11 pages per minute in black and white
- Support Various Page Size: Glossy photo paper, Card stock, Labels, Envelopes, Paper (plain), High-resolution paper and different page sizes, including A4, A6, B5, envelop, and many other sizes up to 8.5 x 14 inch pages.
- Support Borderless Printing:This printer offers support for printing borderless images with a maximum size of up to 5 x 7 inches.
- Premium Quality Prints:Users can enjoy clear and crisp quality printing for both black & white along with color printing. It provides the same image quality as you see on the screen of the mobile.
3. HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Ultra-Compact Design:Small and portable with dimensions of 15.86 x 6.97 x 5.55 inches and can accommodate small space.
- Fast Printing Speed:Print 19 Pages per minute in black and white and 15 Pages per minute in color.
- Scroll Scan:This printer lets the users scan the documents with a scroll scan for easy handling. Users just need to place the paper in the scanner slot, and it automatically scrolls the document and scans it.
4. HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer
- Powerful Printing App:This printer is supported by a powerful printing app that not only lets the users connect and give the printing commands. It also offers to scan the documents by using the smart phone’s camera.
- Support SD Card or USB Printing:It is loaded with a USB and SD card slot that let the users print the documents directly from USB or memory card.
- Color LCD Screen:It has 2.65 inches color touchscreen that offers the users to ability to monitor the printing process and operate various other features.
5. HP LaserJet Pro M15w Wireless Laser Printer
- World’s smallest Laser Printer in its class. It measures only 13. 6″w X 7. 5″d X 6. 3″h, making it the smallest LaserJet in its class
- The printer weighs only 8.4 pounds so it’s light and compact.
- Prints black and white pages only.
- The input paper tray is capable of handling up to 150 paper sheets at a time while the output paper tray can handle 100 sheets.
- This small size printer is suitable to use on networking with up to three users at a time.
- Print speed is up to 19 pages per minute. Max print size is 8.5” x 11”
- The printer is backed up with a smart app which allows the user to scan from a smartphone or tablet and print the documents directly from various cloud platforms.
- Powerful Processor:It is loaded with a 500 MHz processor that is an excellent option to handle large printing tasks and helps to complete the printing tasks at a low time.
- Wireless Connectivity:Usually, traditional printers of this class offer connectivity through Ethernet only. But this printer offers to connect wirelessly by using Wi-Fi.
- Support Multiple Paper Sizes:However, it is small in size, but like the expensive and big printers, it also offers support for different paper sizes, including legal, letter, A4, A5, and many others.
6. HP Color LaserJet Pro Wireless Laser Printer
- Color Laser Printer with high-quality colour and fast two-sided print.
- HP introduces its laser pro laser printer with all the advanced and useful features that meet all your printing and scanning requirements in one place.
- It is an excellent Printer to meet the printing requirements of a small size business as well as you for use at home Print, copy, scan, fax, email, built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
- Print speed letter: up to 28 ppm (black and color). The unique thing of this printer is that it offers the same printing speed for black & white and color printing as well.
- Auto duplex printing ( 2 sided printing); scan to email; 50-sheet ADF; and 2 paper trays (standard)
- It is capable of printing up to 4,000 pages in a month. it’s quick and cost efficient.
- Best-in-class security – monitors and detects security issues.
- Built-In Security Features:This printer comes with various built-in security features that are beneficial to prevent hacker’s attacks. The security features include instant threat notifications and PIN/Pull printing (Optional).
- Large Capacity Paper Tray:It is loaded with a large paper tray that can handle up to 300 paper sheets at the same time. It let users complete printing tasks without any interruptions.
- Multiple Connectivity Options:It offers to connect the printer with various types of devices either by using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or can use Ethernet to connect to the network.
7. HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer
HP introduces this portable printer for people who want to print the images and documents instantly when and where they want. This printer is specifically designed to print photos from different social media platforms. It let the users connect it directly with their social media account and print the images from there.
- A lightweight, portable photo printer for people on the go – Print and share 2×3 inch snapshots or stickers directly from your tablet, iPhone or Android devices with a simple tap.
- Portable – about the size of a cell phone 2.95 x 4.57 x 0.91 inches and weigh 175 Grams.
- Use the HP Sprocket App to quickly print your favorite social media photos with seamless Bluetooth connectivity,
- The user can connect with their laptop, android phone, or tablet easily. Also, it offers Bluetooth connectivity for instant printing at parties or events.
- Also, the app lets the users edit the photos before printing and allows different types of editing like borders, fun texts, emoji, and customized filters.
- Rechargeable Battery:The printer is powered by a rechargeable battery that is strong enough to print up to 35 photos on a single charge
- Complete Accessories:This printer comes with complete accessories Including 10 sheets of HP ZINK 2×3-inch photo paper with peel-and-stick backing for instant photos or stickers, a regulatory sheet, and a USB cable.
- Extra Small Size:It has similar dimensions to a phone with measurements of 2.95 x 4.57 x 0.91 inches. The small printer size makes it easy to store in a bag. It is capable of printing images with a maximum size of up to 2×3 inches.
8. HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- An innovative all-in-one wireless printer that includes fast color copy, scan, and fax with an extra paper tray, mobile printing, automatic two-sided printing, copying and scanning.
- A replacement for the previous model HP OfficeJet Pro 6968.at 14% smaller size and with faster printing ( 20 PPM B&W and 10ppm color printing).
- Print remotely using HP smart app
- Self-healing Wi-Fi and best-in-class connectivity and security no matter how you choose to connect to your wireless printer.
- It allows the users to either connect with networking by using Ethernet or connect wirelessly
- Has a 35-page auto-feeder
- Has a high resolution 2.65 inches color touchscreen that lets the user monitor printing and the various printer activities.
- .Printer Dimensions are 18.11 x 13.43 x 9.21 inches and weighs 18.04 pounds.
- Automatic Connectivity:This printer automatically detects and connects to your network to provide uninterrupted and smooth connectivity.
- Built-In Security Essentials:It comes with many security essentials, including password protection, document protection, basic encryption, and Wi-Fi security, to avoid hackers attack.
- Huge Capacity Paper Tray:The paper tray is capable of handling up to 225 pages at the same time for consistent printing without interruption
HP Printer for Home Use – Buying Guide
Printers are an excellent tool to have at home for completing small or medium-size printing tasks. It is neither easy nor simple to choose the right printer with so many choices,.
Therefore, in this section, we will highlight some important pointers that you can consider to make the process easier for choosing the right printer.
Laser Printer Or Ink Jet
The first decision to consider is the printing technology that the printer uses to print the documents. Laser technology or Inkjet This decision primarily depends on the needs and requirements of the users. The main difference between these two technologies is the printing speed and quality of printing.
The selection of printing technology depends on the printing requirements as well as the budget of the user. Usually, laser printers are more expensive yet they provide higher printing speed along with superior printing quality.
If your budget is low the quantity of pages is not high and your printing requirements are not elaborate then inkjet is a good choice.
Inkjet printers are usually cheaper upfront, but more costly to operate. If you don’t print much, it can be the more affordable option.
Laser printers are better for printing documents, while inkjets tend to be better at printing photos.
Dual Sided Printing
Do you have a regular requirement to print on both sides of the page – then a dual sided printing is an important feature you need to consider. Dual sided printing will save you on paper cost and time. Consider your requirements and decide how important this feature is.
Black & White Or Color
Do you print mostly text pages or do you combine graphs, and print pictures, photos and color images? If you use color on a casual basis, then black and white printer will service you better, yet if you have the budget and high need for color, a color printer will service your needs better, For occasional use, you may find a better alternative by combining a monochrome laser printer with a color inkjet device.